Premium groups are groups that have additional features that regular groups do not have, such as: a jobs board, a jobs RSS feed, member statistics, social media links, and widgets.
** News widgets also include group chat options.
Only group admins can create a Premium group or convert a regular group to a Premium group.
** If you are interested in adding a premium group to your platform, please contact your account manager.
A premium group has its own job board that is visible only to group members. Group members and admins are able to search for and filter group jobs and post a new job to the group. Group members will be able to see the jobs that appear in the group’s job board in the main platform’s job board as well.
Jobs RSS Feed
A group admin can add an RSS feed to the group in order to pull in jobs that will be visible only to group members. To learn more about Jobs RSS, click here.
Group admins will be able to view statistics about use activity in the group.
The statistics report will show data and activity statistics only for the group.
Admins are able to click each table to view a breakdown of the data .
The group’s statistics shows the following data:
Growing Your Network
- Group size - total number of members on the group.
- Users willing to help - shows the percentage of users either willing to help or willing to mentor or seeking help or seeking a mentor.
- Group Growth - a quarterly look at the group’s size over time.
- New Users - shows the number of new members who joined the group in the selected time frame, by month.
- New Users vs. Returning Users - shows the percentage of new users and returning users in the specified time range. A new user is someone who joined the group in that time period and did not return. Returning users are the number of users who came back to the group during that time period.
- Feed posts - total number of posts on the group’s feed, in the selected time frame.
- Events posted - total number of events posted in the group, in the selected time frame.
- Jobs posted - total number of jobs posted in the group’s job board, in the selected time frame.
- Likes - total number of post likes in the group’s feed, in the selected time frame.
- Private Messages - total number of unique private messages sent between group members, in the selected time frame.
- Profile Updates - total number of profile edits made in the group, in the selected time frame.
- Networking - The total number of "connections" made on the platform - a message conversation, invites, Skype calls/chats, Facebook messages, help requests\offers (and replies), and mentoring requests\offers (and replies) sent in the platform
Active user list
Admins will also be able to download a member list at the top of the statistics report.
This will include all information about the members of the group, including the data that is found in their profiles. This includes their personal information, contact details, professional information, education, other educations, work experience, groups, and willing to help and mentor settings.
Social Media Links
Admin can add social media widgets to the group’s feed, which will appear on the right sidebar.
The admin can add one widget for each feed: Facebook, Youtube, Twitter.
To add a widget, admin should go into settings > settings > social media.
The widget will display on the right side of the feed within the group:
New Members Widget
A New Members widget can be displayed on the feed page of a premium group. This is similar to the New Member widget that appears on the main feed.
It will show the number of new members who joined in the last 90 days, with images of the latest 12 who have profile pictures and are visible (according to permission settings) in the directory.
Please note: Even if it is toggled on, the New Members widget will not appear if there are no new members to have joined the group in the last 90 days.
The New Members widget is off by default, but can be toggled on in the Admin side of the group. This can be done via Settings > Widgets.
Admin can add up to 2 News Widgets to the premium group feed, in order to advertise news items that they would like to redirect their users towards.
These will appear on the right side of the feed under the New Members widget and the Invite users sections.
You can create the news widgets by going to the Admin View of the group via Settings > Widgets and clicking on Add Widget.
In the next screen, Admin must enter the following fields:
- Link URL (mandatory) - the link to the full news item.
- Button text (mandatory) - the text of the button which users must click to reach the link, eg. "Read More"
- An image - 25 MB, 374x220 Pixels.
- Language (default is the platform default) - text for the other fields should be provided for each additional language selected.
- Subject -max 100 characters (mandatory) - the title of the news widget
- Description - max 150 characters - a brief description of the news item
- Who can view this post - select affiliations that can view the widget in the feed.
Once admin click "Add," the widget will be added to the News Feed.
Out of these News Widgets, one can be converted into a group chat widget so that members of the group are able to join a chat room with up to 7 other members of the group. Platform admins will need to enable this feature to be available within the premium groups. If you are a platform admin, you can turn this feature on via the admin side of the platform.
Resources can be added to premium groups so that they will be available only to members of those groups. The resources are added in the same way as on the main platform, but within the group.